Signal processing in 1.5.2 and Python (readline, LinuxThreads etc.)

Fredrik Lundh effbot at telia.com
Wed Feb 2 06:48:17 EST 2000

<F note="posted and mailed">

Gregor Hoffleit wrote:
> I just wanted to draw your attention to a bug report I submitted into the
> Python BTS (Bug #196; currently available as
> http://www.python.org/python-bugs/incoming?id=196;user=guest).
>
> I describe that the combination of Python 1.5.2, LinuxThreads and readline
> support has strange effects to the signal handling of the interpreter. I
> tested various combinations of 1.5.1, 1.5.2, different glibc's, GNU Pth
> instead of LinuxThread's pthreads and tried to find a pattern.

(you have reported this before, haven't you?)

there are a few threads on this topic in dejanews, and they
all seem to end up attributing this to bugs in readline and/or
the kernel.

fwiw, Alex Zbyslaw posted a workaround a while ago:

    http://www.deja.com/getdoc.xp?AN=545159177

could be worth trying it out on your platform.

</F>