mail filter in python?

Skip Montanaro skip at mojam.com
Mon Feb 7 15:39:19 EST 2000

    Cameron> In any case, I agree with Mr. Wouters: use procmail, and just
    Cameron> invoke your Python work as an external process.

Worth noting that the procmail tips page at

    http://www.procmail.org/jari/pm-tips.html

mentions Lua as a possible replacement for the procmail language (see the
end of question 3.5).  That item was presumably added about two years ago,
so I tend to think it's either very hard to do or didn't generate enough
steam in the procmail community.  If such a thing was possible with Lua, it
would likely be possible with Python as well.  Anyone for "pluggable
brains"?

Skip Montanaro | http://www.mojam.com/
skip at mojam.com | http://www.musi-cal.com/
847-971-7098
"Languages that change by catering to the tastes of non-users tend
not to do so well." - Doug Landauer