Python accessing Excel 97 via com

Ken Power iam at not.you
Thu Feb 24 09:48:03 EST 2000

Nothing like learning COM the hard way, without a book or
anything :) Anyway, my problem is this:
 I need to construct Excel spreadsheets from external data (the
source of the data is not important at this stage). Following what
little instructions I could find, I am able to start Excel and create
new(empty) spreadsheet via Python. Also I can print and change the
contents of the current (active) cell. However, I am unsuccessful in
changing to another cell to enter data, everything I enter is in one
cell.
Please, how can I change to another cell?

Specs:
 Python 1.5.2
 Pythonwin build 128(whatever newest is)
 Excel 97
 Win 95
Functions I tried:
 mySpread.Cells('$A', '$1') and ('$A$1') and ('A1') etc
 mySpread.Activecell('$1:$1') and ('$A', '$1') and ('A1') etc

obviously I am missing something, please enlighten me,

Ken