Killer Apps

Tim Peters tim_one at email.msn.com
Tue Feb 22 02:35:22 EST 2000

[John Hirsch]
> I've always thought that Tim Peters was Pythons killer app..

[Aahz Maruch]
> No, the Timbot is Python's app killer.

[Gerrit Holl]
> Er... please explain! Do you mean tabnanny.py? Or is it my English
> lacking here?

[Aahz Maruch]
> Well, it was a bit of a colloquialism, but it was mainly just a joke
> (made by swapping the two words) that Tim is always poking holes in
> other people's ideas.

This is highly unfair, Aahz.  Tim only pokes holes in three (just three!)
kinds of ideas:

1. Incorrect ideas.
2. Useful ideas.
3. Correct ideas.

I have always been tolerant-- even praiseful! --of ideas that are so off the
wall that they can't be called either correct or incorrect with a straight
face -- provided only, of course, that they're useless.

> explaining-jokes-is-never-funny-ly y'rs

suspecting-i'll-soon-get-a-chance-to-prove-that-too<wink>-ly y'rs  - tim