Smalltak [RE: Whitespace as syntax (was Re: Python Rocks!)]

Bijan Parsia bparsia at email.unc.edu
Thu Feb 10 23:03:35 EST 2000

Tim Peters <tim_one at email.msn.com> wrote:

[snip]

> Bijan, you've been patient, good-natured and consistently informative.  I
> have no idea why some of c.l.py's normally curious & friendly residents have
> gotten bugs up their butts about Smalltalk, but after this verbal rebuke
> from one of c.l.py's normally hostile residents <wink>, I hope they'll
> settle down and welcome you here as you not only deserve, but have more than
> *earned* in this thread.
>
> Your posts were a pleasure!  Come back anytime.

<blush/>

> and-get-those-ugly-colons-out-of-smalltalk<wink>-ly y'rs  - tim

Just for you! Would prefer semicolons, or dollar signs?

(Er..there's two alternative "visual" syntaxes in Squeak, somewhat
experimental. Actually, three. Maybe three and a half :))

(Pointer's available upon request.)

and-wasn't-it-subtle-of-me-to-quote-all-of-your-kind-words-ly y'rs

Bijan Parsia.

Cheers,
Bijan Parsia.