fatal SIGSYS under irix

Quinn Dunkan quinn at pfennig.ugcs.caltech.edu
Fri Feb 25 17:03:42 EST 2000

% python                                                    ~/tmp quinn at cholera
Python 1.5.2 (#10, Feb 11 2000, 15:14:46)  [GCC 2.8.1] on irix6-n32
>>> f = open('foo')
>>> f.seek(1, -4)
zsh: 61898 invalid system call  python
140%

Granted, I reversed the order of the arguments for seek().  But killing the
interpreter is a bit harsh.  This happens on all irix systems I was able to
test.  Linux just ignores the bad SEEK_* arg.  I don't know if this is because
it doesn't send SIGSYS for that, or because linux python is catching it.
The hpux and solaris boxes are down so I couldn't test them...

Anyone else on irix see this?