Killer Apps???

Boncelet Charles boncelet at ee.adfa.edu.au
Sun Feb 20 19:29:44 EST 2000

Nick Henderson wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am new to the world of programming and python.  I know Zope is super cool
> and is python's "killer app."
>
> I was wondering if there were any other such killer apps?
>
> Thanks, Nick Henderson

Besides Zope and other web based stuff, I like:

alice (www.alice.org) -- fun intro to programming site

sketch (sketch.sourceforge.net) -- drawing program (getting better all
the time)

pybliographer (http://www.gnome.org/pybliographer/) -- Great utility for
managing bibtex databases.

Numeric (numpy.sourceforge.net) -- numerical package for python. Not as
convenient as Matlab yet, but will be close in a year or so. (I love
being able to do numerical processing and various things that Matlab
can't do in the same python program.)

Of course, there are numerous libraries and add-ons to python that make
programming fun.

	Charlie
--
------