Question concerning makepy.py for COM (long, code included)

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Wed Feb 9 17:15:45 EST 2000

"Scott Anderson" <sanderson at ttm.com> wrote in message
news:38A1859D.6AE7AF0E at ttm.com...

> I ran the makepy.py script that comes with the win32com distribution
> (the 128 release).  From the file produced, it is not entirely
obvious
> how to instantiate and use the objects.

You dont need to do anything special - just call
"win32com.client.Dispatch(prog_id)" and it should work.

> So, the question is, how do I use the _DTSHSWAPI functionality from
this
> class?  Also, how is the event interface implemented?

Events are much newer, and suffer from even worse documentation than
the rest.  Only docs for events are in docstrings for
win32com.client.DispatchWithEvents() and win32com.client.getevents()

For even more details, check out my 'conferences' starship page and
look for the IPC8 tutorial...

Mark.