ann: porting PHPLIB

Michal Wallace sabren at manifestation.com
Thu Feb 10 22:50:22 EST 2000

Hey All,

I've mentioned at least twice in the past two days the idea of
porting PHPLIB[1] to python... After talking to my business
partner about this, we have decided that Python is much
more suited to our needs than PHP3...

However, all of our code is built around PHPLIB's session
model, and .... well, it's a darn good model. From what I can
tell, Zope just isn'tt the same.. Not that Zope doesn't look
cool... I'm just saying it would be easier to port PHPLIB than
to make our software fit the Zope model.

So, that's what I'm doing: specifically, I'll be porting the
session, authentication, and permission classes from
PHPLIB.. I'm not fiddling with it too much so there should
be a beta version for people to play with in the next
day or three.

If anyone wants to help code or test, let me know!

-Michal

[1] PHPLIB home page: http://phplib.netuse.de/