Windows freeze up Python/Motif

bragib at my-deja.com bragib at my-deja.com
Thu Feb 24 21:21:11 EST 2000

I have a dialog shell set up that when a certain button is pressed
it fires off a perl script which is really lengthy in execution.
I am reading each line from stdout and printing it to a message
are in my dialog.  So the dialog only gets updated when I get a new
line.  Well the time between new lines can take awhile and
in the meantime the gui freezes up (i.e. if I drag another
window over the dialog does not get updated).

I do not have the option of splitting up the execution of this
perl script.  Does anyone know how I can submit the process
in 'parallel' and have the dialog wait for the process to
complete?

I am using Motif through a Python binding if that helps?

Thanks in advance

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.