IDLE in any other GUI.

Boudewijn Rempt boud at rempt.xs4all.nl
Thu Feb 17 14:49:15 EST 2000

J.C.Travers <J.C.Travers at durham.ac.uk> wrote:
> Is anyone working on or wanting to work on implementing IDLE in a
> different gui to TK. Something like QT, which is also cross platform
> would be good (i.e. I would much prefer using it, IMHO TK is horrible,
> and QT simple and beautiful, and MUCH MUCH easier to code in!). Just a
> question, not wanting to start an inter-gui war!

Only on the part of Idle that really interests me - the path/class
browser. It was remarkably easy to move from the custom tkInter
tree widget (which had a horribly scrolling bug a few weeks ago)
to the Qt listview widget, which I used. I thought the Idle code
was pretty easy reading matter, really - even though I still don't
understand the way tkInter works...

Oh, the URL is http://www.valdyas.org/python/kpybrowser.html. Tomorrow
between two o'clock and five o'clock there will be some
scheduled downtime (we're moving house), but there's a mirror at
http://www.xs4all.nl/~bsarempt/python/kpybrowser.html.

--

Boudewijn Rempt  | http://www.valdyas.org