Proposal: Official whitespace response

Thomas Hamelryck thamelry at vub.ac.be
Fri Feb 11 04:36:53 EST 2000

Richard Jones <Richard.Jones at fulcrum.com.au> wrote:

: Could we please maybe mandate an "Official Response" to the weenies constantly
: posting about whitespace in Python?

: Something like:

: -------
: Subject: Official Response [Re: <insert original subject line here>]
: From: some_python_regular

: Guido van Rossum, the creator of Python, is not going to change this
: fundamental aspect of Python. We don't want him to. We all like it.

Could you please change the last sentence above to:

"The majority of Python programmers likes it."

There are at least a few regular python programmers who post here
that do not like the forced indentation in Python. I agree with
something like an official response since the situation will not
change and the subject has been amply discussed.

Otherwise I will be forced to keep on being the "ennemy within"
of this newsgroup :-).

Cheers,

---
Thomas Hamelryck    Institute of Molecular and Structural Biology
Aarhus University   Gustav Wieds Vej 10C
DK-8000 Aarhus C    Denmark