OT - ][ (was Re: Killer Apps???)

François Pinard pinard at iro.umontreal.ca
Wed Feb 23 17:26:35 EST 2000

"Garrett G. Hodgson" <garry at sage.att.com> writes:

> a long time ago, the game "star raiders" was the killer app for atari
> computers.

Apple ][ surely had Choplifter!  Still a mystery to me how they could
engineer such a program on a 6502, with sound, real-time, and everything.
Amazing...

By the way, to stay in the mood, what would be best between Tkinter,
pygtk or wxPython, for reimplementing Choplifter in Python? :-) :-)

And more seriously, is that game available in some form, nowadays, on
Linux say?

P.S. - I learned what `OT' means, didn't I? :-)