Numerical Python install problem

Janne Sinkkonen janne at nnets.fi
Mon Feb 21 02:36:51 EST 2000

Robert Schweikert <rjschwei at mindspring.com> writes:

> I am running Python 1.5.2 on RH 6.1 distro. Used the Python rpm to get
> it running instead of building it myself. I also installed the Distutils
> with no problem. But now when I try to install Numerical Python Version
> 14 I get the following errors:

> /usr/include/linux/errno.h:4: asm/errno.h: No such file or directory

You should have these symlinks in your /usr/include:

asm -> ../src/linux/include/asm
linux -> ../src/linux/include/linux

Of course, you need the part of the linux kernel sources into which
they refer.  The kernel should probably be configured with 'make
config' or 'make xconfig' (just running the configuration program
should be enough).

Without these you'll have problems in compiling many other packages as
well. The files in /usr/src/linux should exist unless you have a very
customized version of RH 6.1.

--
Janne