ANNOUNCE: Python Compiler (No spell errors)

Remco Gerlich scarblac-spamtrap at pino.selwerd.nl
Mon Feb 21 06:08:14 EST 2000

Andreas Otto wrote in comp.lang.python:
> I don=B4t have Python knowlege, but i have the technologie to write
> compilers for scripting languages.
>
> Phyton should be easy enougth to learn in some days.

It is! When you do, and you learn it well, you'll also see why a compiler
for it is very hard to make.

> If the python people are interested in having an compiler OK,
> if they are not interested also OK

Thing is, a free compiler is already in development.

> Our compiler is =
>
>  a) not free
>  b) optimizes the source code in an aggressive manner,
>     you will loose all the stuff you don't need.

You can't know what that is at compile time in Python, I'm sure.

>  c) produces one stand alone Python/C source-file,
>     with every command change to his c-command
>     ( no big String-Array )

This isn't Tcl, you know.

> aotto
> --------------61F0793694CC05A032CFB01A

Ick. A vcard. First time on Usenet?

Remco Gerlich,  scarblac at pino.selwerd.nl
 12:03pm  up 89 days, 18:07,  6 users,  load average: 0.40, 0.34, 0.28