Circular references and python

Aahz Maruch aahz at netcom.com
Fri Feb 4 11:20:00 EST 2000

In article <87e775$kdr$1 at mach.vub.ac.be>,
Thomas Hamelryck  <thamelry at vub.ac.be> wrote:

>I agree completely. It would be a major mistake not to make the
>introduction of true garbage collection a priority in Python 2.0. Or
>at least a combination of reference counting and true garbage
>collection. I don't think this should be provided as an option. You
>don't want to create memory leaks or not depending on a compilation or
>run time option!

I believe that one of the possible plans on the table is to make GC a
callable option.  That is, you would need to explicitly code your
application to call GC at times that your code thinks appropriate; it
would not be a compilation or runtime option.
--
                      --- Aahz (@netcom.com)

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

Have a *HAPPY* day!!!!!!!!!!