Togl won't build

Thomas A. Bryan tbryan at python.net
Tue Feb 8 21:37:01 EST 2000

Brian wrote:

> I'm not a C programmer or anything, but my system *knows* how to compile
> stuff, what gives?

Your system knows what it's told, and it's probably missing a bit of
information in this case.  That is, it doesn't know where to look
for this library.

> .checked ld.so.conf and /usr/X11R6/lib

Try adding the following switch to that compilation command
-L/usr/X11R6/lib

I don't think that the computer/compiler will look for libraries in
that directory by default.  It probably looks in one or more of
/usr/lib, /usr/local/lib, and /lib.  If a library is located in any
other directory, it usually needs a -L/directory/to/library switch.

---Tom