Whitespace as syntax (was Re: Python Rocks!)

Paul Prescod paul at prescod.net
Wed Feb 9 10:49:04 EST 2000

Neel Krishnaswami wrote:

> So, basically, I don't care if Lisp never becomes "mainstream", if it
> means giving up what makes Lisp powerful and useful.

Most people do not have the choice of using languages that they cannot
"sell" to their co-workers and customers. Python is a hard sell
politically, but easy technically. People roll their eyes as soon as you
mention Lisp. It's usually an impossible sell.

The calculus and the rich body of mathematical analysis to which it
gave rise made modern science possible, but it was the algorithm
that made the modern world possible.
	- The Advent of the Algorithm (pending), by David Berlinski