cgi login/password question

sp00fD sp00fD at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 9 13:57:24 EST 2000

I'm thinking about adding a login method to a web-site, I'd like to
roll it myself, but how would I pass the info from page to page?
Obviously a page would have a login/password form, and I'd like to have
that username correspond to a permissions bit so that certain people
can do certain things.  I pretty much have it worked out except for the
matter of passing the info around.  Can someone help me?  I like how
the builtin method for doing this sets the "REMOTE-USER" environment
setting.  If it was passed in the url, it could easily be changed, as
could a cookie.

Thanks,
Mike

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/