An FTP based Python Module repository (was Re: Imagemagick)

chris patti cpatti at black-racer.atg.com
Fri Feb 4 13:10:26 EST 2000

chris patti <cpatti at black-racer.atg.com> writes:

> Skip Montanaro <skip at mojam.com> writes:
[snip my original argument for an FTP based CPAN-like archive)

> > Why couldn't a CPAN-like thing be a web site?  Web sites can (and are)
> > mirrored all the time.
> >

> There's no reason why it couldn't be, actually.
>
> -Chris

I should note that the important thing here is that the modules are
actually _stored_ on the website in question, it must be a complete
archive of all the modules it presents, such that other sites could
reliably mirror it and get a copy of all the modules.

-Chris
Chris Patti| \ Art Technology Group||617-386-1649 \ cpatti at atg.com