Phython as In-Game scripting language

Shawn LeBlanc wrlddomprod at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 24 10:59:17 EST 2000

Greetings!

Just so I understand (and because my programmer teammates are
asking me questions) is plain vanilla Python (no stackless or
microthread) unable to run multiple scripts simultaneously?

I'm thinking no because if Python did support running multiple
scripts at the same time, there wouldn't be any need for
SP or MT's. I just wanted a clear answer on that.

Besides Crystal Space and Alice, has Python been used in any
commercial games?

I checked out Alice and it's pretty nice, but I wasn't able to
get any information on how they implemented Python. It is neat
in the way that my nephew could go and build 3D scenes, though.

with milk and cookies,
Shawn