MetaKit for python (Mk4py) on Macintosh ... no way :(

Arnaud Fontaine arnaud at crao.net
Mon Feb 28 05:39:42 EST 2000

In article <Zwqu4.8310$al3.110134 at newsc.telia.net>, "Fredrik Lundh"
<effbot at telia.com> wrote:
>     MacPython dynamic modules aren't portable between releases. The
>     machinery is there, but because PythonCore also contains the whole C
>     library the version number has to be upped not only for python API
>     version number changes but also for new C libraries. The error
>     message
>     comes from the MacOS dynamic loader, which actually _checks_ that a
>     dll is compatible with the version used during compilation (unlike
>     some Other OS that shall remain nameless, which happily lets your
>     application crash lateron:-)

Fine.

So, I need to re-compile the module from the sources. Hmmmm ..... but I
don't have CodeWarrior ... so ...
But that's another story.

Do you know any way to check those version numbers ??

Any plan to drop the C lib away from PythonCore (why is it embed ??????
that looks strange to me on a modern -what ? any comment on MacOS being
a modern OS ? ...... - OS ...)  ?

So, in a few words : Do you have a solution to my problem (I don't have
a C compiler on the MacOS side ...) ?

Regards,

Arnaud