PyApache, couldn't geta hold of author, willing to donate sometime

Oleg Broytmann phd at phd.russ.ru
Fri Feb 11 09:48:48 EST 2000

On Fri, 11 Feb 2000, Mark Nielsen wrote:
> The thing is, I don't know the status of Python and Apache!

   It is slowly evolving. Most people (including myself) are pretty
satisfied with the PyApache, so not much work need to be done.
   If you need a feature, ususally you will develop it youself, and publish
a patch on PyApache mailing list, like I did few times.

> Is there a better module instead of PyApache?

   No, there is no "better", but there is different module - httpdapy. I
personnaly use PyApche, slowly moving from CGIs to Zope, or at least PCGI.

> If not, I (and at least one other person) would be more than happy to work with
> other
> people to make Python THE programming language to use with Apache.

   So would I! :)

Oleg.
----
    Oleg Broytmann      Foundation for Effective Policies      phd at phd.russ.ru