Which GUI?

William Tanksley wtanksle at hawking.armored.net
Mon Feb 28 16:42:56 EST 2000

On 28 Feb 2000 19:16:01 GMT, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
>On 26 Feb 2000 23:38:03 GMT, William Tanksley <wtanksle at hawking.armored.net> wrote:
>>Oh, one of the wxWindows supported platforms is -- are you ready for this
>>-- Curses.

> Sorry, I have to correct you here. wxWindows does not support text mode UI
>and neither does wxPython. This could be done (and I wanted to do it at one
>moment), but more time passes, less chances there are that it will ever
>happen. I would love to be able to have wxCurses port, but there is apparently
>not enough interest in it.

Well, I'm interested.  wxWindows is nice.  Perhaps a port on top of CDK
would be easier?  www.vexus.ca/cdk?

However, unless my memory is really bad, wxWindows used to support Curses.
I'm pretty sure I remember a package for that.  I didn't ever see any apps
for it, nor did I try to build any myself (no time).  The main wxWindows
site lists Curses as one of the ports -- is it just lying?  The URL it
gives as the source is at
ftp://www.remstar.com/pub/wxwin/ports/curses/wxcurses.tgz.

--
-William "Billy" Tanksley, in hoc signo hack