C interpreters... [off-topic]

Edward Jason Riedy ejr at lotus.CS.Berkeley.EDU
Fri Feb 11 22:31:02 EST 2000

And seanb at home.com writes:
 -
 - If you really want a C-like scripting language, I have two suggestions
 - for you: JavaScript or Pike.

Two more:
	EiC: http://www.kd-dev.com/~eic/
		Pretty amazing support of C in a safe interpreter.
	CINT: http://root.cern.ch/root/Cint.html
		A C++ interpreter.  No, really.  Even supports some of
		the old HP STL...

These are both impressive in their support of the target languages
in interpreters.  There's also a C--, but I don't think it's
interpreted.  It's meant as a portable assembly
(http://www.research.microsoft.com/~simonpj/#c--gc).

Jason, who's sick of all these languages and pretty much just wants
something close to a dynamically compiled Dylan...