"Interupted system call"

Aahz Maruch aahz at netcom.com
Wed Feb 16 21:14:41 EST 2000

In article <888mbq$9kr$1 at nnrp1.deja.com>,  <shohamb at my-deja.com> wrote:

>My Python application runs well on IBM's AIX
>machines.
>When trying to run it on a SUN (Solaris) machine,
>I get the message:
>   IOError: [Errno 4] Interrupted system call
>
>and the Traceback message points to a "time.sleep"
>command.

Can you reproduce the problem with a snippet of Python code, or does it
only happen with your full application?  Are you using threads?  Does
the error occur on *every* call to time.sleep() in your application or
does it appear "randomly"?
--
                      --- Aahz (Copyright 2000 by aahz at netcom.com)

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

Our society has become so fractured that the pendulum is swinging
several different directions at the same time