Q: Misunderstanding classes (newbie)

sorry at spam.invalid sorry at spam.invalid
Tue Feb 22 16:52:16 EST 2000

Hi,

I'm a Python newbie (and an OOP newbie) trying to
construct a class that:

  (a) behaves like a list but has a FORTRAN-like variable
      starting index,
  (b) has per-index attributes.

i.e. Each element of the list has two (or more) attributes,
     and, by default, the first element is at x[1].

e.g. x[1].lastname, x[1].firstname, x[1].age
     x[2].lastname, x[2].firstname, x[2].age

I seem to be able to get each part of the solution
independently (the first part by using UserList and
__getitem__), but when I attempt to combine them, I
clearly don't understand what I'm doing.

Suggestions?

Thanx.

P.S. Please respond to the list.