Question about X window control

Jay Freeman jayfreeman at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 23 10:38:59 EST 2000

Hi,

I'm a brand new Python guy (and like it). I'm working on an information
kiosk system running on Linux. It uses a touch screen and plays avi
video files. I'm using Popen3() to call xanim to display them. I'd like
to play them full screen but there doesn't seem to be any parameter to
xanim to allow that. If I can't do full screen I would at least like to
be able to center the xanim window, which always pops up in some random
place it seems. Any ideas? I'd be willing to use a different player if
it will do what I want, but xanim is the only command line one I know
about.

Thanks,

Jay