[CORBA] omniNames feature request

Samuel A. Falvo II kc5tja at garnet.armored.net
Sat Feb 12 01:56:17 EST 2000

Can an option be added into the next release of omniNames (like -iorfile
<filename>) such that it causes omniNames to produce a very simple text file
containing nothing but the name service's IOR?  I need this output because
omniORB's solution to boot-strapping the name service is ... well,
omniORB-specific.  My application needs complete interoperability, so I need
to publish the name service's IOR at a well-known TCP/IP port using plain
sockets.

(Why, oh WHY didn't OMG specify a fixed TCP/IP port and object key for the
name service?  Is it really too much to ask for?!)

--
KC5TJA/6, DM13, QRP-L #1447
Samuel A. Falvo II