GUI in Python under MSDOS?

Steve Holden sholden at bellatlantic.net
Mon Feb 28 00:15:09 EST 2000

Richard Smol wrote:

> [trying to help a fellow-Pythonista with the DOS environment]
>
> Porting Tk to DOS would not be trivial, since there would be no
> base-widgets to work with. It would be great fun though to make
> it work. You might get stuff like those those early "Windows-lookalike"
> DOS apps (anyone remember WordPerfect 6.0 for DOS?)

Yes, indeed.  This was where Corel failed to find Open Source (first time
around) and Windoze won the market.  Great product, shame about the
marketshare.

Here's-hoping-people-realise-the-most-popular-products-are-not-always-best-ly
y'rs - Steve
--
"If computing ever stops being fun, I'll stop doing it"