Which GUI?

Cameron Laird claird at starbase.neosoft.com
Mon Feb 21 20:34:36 EST 2000

In article <dpfs4.204$y3.182652416 at newsb.telia.net>,
Fredrik Lundh <effbot at telia.com> wrote:
			.
>or just explain to me why putting wxPython on top of
>wxWindows on top of Gtk on top of Xlib is more Python-
>like than putting Tkinter on top of libtk on top of Xlib?
>
>why not just place a lean and mean OO layer on top of
>Gtk (or Xt)?  in my book, *that* would be Python-like...
			.
			.
			.
I'l remind readers that TkGS <URL:
http://www.purl.org/net/bonnet/Tcl/TkGS/index.htm> (see also
<URL:http://www.sunworld.com/swol-05-1999/swol-05-regex.html>)
is a project to strip a layer out of the the Tk(inter) stack.
It looks as though TkGS will become real; the Tcl community is
supporting it adequately.  More volunteers are welcome.
--

Cameron Laird <claird at NeoSoft.com>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net