[Python-checkins] CVS: python/dist/src/Lib string.py,1.46,1.47

Adrian Eyre a.eyre at optichrome.com
Wed Feb 16 09:02:22 EST 2000

> ...     return i ** i ** i
> Traceback (innermost last):
>   File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
> TypeError: first argument must be sequence of strings

Well. That much was obvious. The issue was with which type should
have the join() method. I suspect, however, that JPython has this
already implemented, so this is unlikely to change in CPython.
Doesn't really bother me too much. It just feels like a kludge.

The rest of the methods seem reasonable. I'm assuming that the
translate() method accepts a 2^16 buffer for Unicode strings.
And the similarity of index() and find() makes me feel that one
should be redundant (probably the one which returns -1).