ODBC, mxODBC problem

rockjock810 at my-deja.com rockjock810 at my-deja.com
Fri Feb 18 09:14:51 EST 2000

I've been tinkering with both ODBC and mxODBC modules with no success
for the past 24 hours.

I tried this with the ODBC module:

import cgi,dbi,odbc
db=odbc.odbc("express")
# no UID, no PWD

Traceback (innermost last): File "d:\the-cafe\cgi-bin\express.py", line
25, in ? db=odbc.odbc("express") dbi.operation-error: [Microsoft][ODBC
Microsoft Access 97 Driver] The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot
open the file '(unknown)'. It is already opened exclusively by another
user, or you need permission to view its data. in LOGIN

I tried the mxODBC variant with not much success.

The "express" MS Access database is on a network share:
\\core\e$\express\express.mdb

The System DSN was not opened at all exclusively and I haven't been
having problems accessing the same using Perl ODBC. Help!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.