IDLE and Hooks in apps for usage of My Favorite Editor

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake at acm.org
Thu Feb 10 09:39:09 EST 2000

Thomas A. Bryan writes:
 > I'm not sure how these tools integrate or whether it is the type of integration
 > you're looking for, but you might want to look at one or both before
 > proceeding.  In particular, you may want to look at the functionality
 > provided by ToolTalk before designing your standard protocol.

  For those who don't know, ToolTalk is a "message bus" system;
there's a server that dispatches messages to listening applications.
The listeners and message providers are all ToolTalk clients.
  I don't know how widespread ToolTalk support is; I think it
originated on Sun systems, and it's used as the message bus for CDE.
I don't know if it's included on Linux or if there are implementations
for Windows or MacOS platforms.
  But I'd be interested in finding out.  ;)

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.	  <fdrake at acm.org>