Porting Python to non-pc platforms (AS/400)

Warren Postma embed at geocities.com
Thu Feb 24 09:26:32 EST 2000

> I think we need to start up a special fund for Jay, I hated RPG when I
> first touched it almost 15 years ago, and I hate it even more now.
>
> The question is, will a virtual $1,200 assist him in his quest for a C
> compiler and Python?
>
> I thought RPG stood for role-playing game...

My father in law has an AS/400 at his place of business, and I wouldn't mind
being able to script him up some stuff on AS/400 using Python. I sure as
Heck am not going to learn RPG!  RPG makes even COBOL look nice. ;-)

What a foreboding environment that is.  Without so much as a recognizeable
command shell on this system, I have a hard time doing anything.

With the disclaimer that I know nothing about AS/400s, and I only
occassionaly have access to one, I am also interested in putting Python on
an AS/400.

Warren