Best book to learn Python?

Ivan Van Laningham ivanlan at callware.com
Tue Feb 29 15:15:54 EST 2000

Hi All--

Fredrik Lundh wrote:

> Snoopy :-)) <genius at acme.ca> wrote:
> > There is a New Book which supposed to be a very good one for Beginners. It
> > is expected to be available March-21. Published by "SAMS".
> > The Title is:  "Teach Yourself Python In 24-Hours"
> >  The  Author is: Alan Gauld.
>
> is that Ivan Van Laningham's alter ego?

Oh, my.  I don't *think* I'm Alan Gauld!  Alan?  Are you out there?  Or
am I suffering yet another identity crisis?  And if I get an answer,
what does that mean?  Schizophrenics *often* have auditory
hallucinations. ...

;-)  Quotidian-details-time:  Ivan Van Laningham is the author of _Teach
Yourself Python in 24 Hours_.  Alan Gauld wrote an excellent tutorial,
which can be found at

	http://members.xoom.com/alan_gauld/tutor/tutindex.htm

Alan is also writing a beginning programming book for Addison-Wesley, to
which I am looking forward, although Alan says it probably won't be
ready before the end of the year.  (Alan?  Please correct me if I've
over-/under-/mis-stated.)

<just-an-excitable-boy>-ly y'rs,
Ivan
Ivan Van Laningham
Callware Technologies, Inc.
http://www.pauahtun.org
Army Signal Corps:  Cu Chi, Class of '70
Author:  Teach Yourself Python in 24 Hours