Problem with Emacs mode, at start only

Stuart Reynolds S.I.Reynolds at cs.bham.ac.uk
Mon Feb 21 13:44:07 EST 2000

python-mode at python.org wrote:

>     I> This is with Python mode 3.105, while using Emacs 20.5.
>
> Hmm, I wonder if this is an Emacs thing.  It seems to work fine for me
> in XEmacs 21.1.  I don't have Emacs installed right now.

I've noticed some significant differences between Lucid Emacs and GNU
Emacs which can make it difficult to write a .emacs that works on both.

For example, my copy of Lucid Emacs doesn't allow you to bind the
function keys, while the GNU version does. Also, GNU Emacs doesn't seem
to have the font-lock-doc-string-face that's available in Lucid Emacs.

I'd guess there's lots of other differences.

Stuart