More IIS crashing and blank .asp pages

Guido van Rossum guido at cnri.reston.va.us
Fri Feb 25 09:59:29 EST 2000

Jason Nadler <dixon at channel21.com> writes:

> OK, I thought I fixed the crashing bug by stepping up to the newest Python
> language version (as well as the win32 extensions).
> Now, my server is spitting out blank .asp pages for those which use python.

I wonder if this could be related to a bug that was recently discussed
on the win32 registered users list?

It turned out that some process generating .py and .pyc files for COM
usage was so fast that the second time the .py file was written, it
has the same timestamp as the first time; this caused the .pyc file
not to be written.  Since the first .py version didn't have any code
in it, the .pyc file was pretty minimal.  Solution was to delete the
.pyc files...