Base64 Decoding

Oleg Broytmann phd at phd.russ.ru
Thu Feb 10 04:44:44 EST 2000

On Wed, 9 Feb 2000, Victor M. J. Ryden wrote:
> I'm trying to use python to decode some e-amil I'm getting which
> contain MIME base64 encoded documents.
>
> I looked at the doc's for the mimetools and base64 modules. I'm confused
> because they ask for both an input AND output file name. I can understand
> the input, but not the output. There can be several encoded documents in
> a single input file, all of which have their respective file names as part
> of the encoding prelude.
>
> Has anyone any experience with this, and do you have any hints?

   Goto http://sun.med.ru/~phd/Software/Python/misc.html and download
extract_mime.tgz. It is a template for programs that can be used to parse
MIME e-mails. I used it pretty successfully. There is a shell script for
calling the program from /etc/aliases, the very program and brief docs.

   Closer to you and may be faster mirrors:

http://members.xoom.com/phd2/Software/Python/
http://skyscraper.fortunecity.com/unix/797//Software/Python/

Oleg.
----