Compile Problem Imaging-1.0/Tk

Thomas Wouters thomas at xs4all.net
Tue Feb 1 07:54:10 EST 2000

On Mon, Jan 31, 2000 at 04:45:07PM +0100, Tilo Schwarz wrote:

> I successfully compiled the libImaging subdir of Imaging-1.0, but I
> have a problem compiling the Tk subdir (I'm no tk expert). I followed
> the install instructions, but I get the error:
>
> > make
>
> [snip]
> ./Tk/tkImaging.c:76: too many arguments to function `Tk_FindPhoto'

> Now in tk8.0.h I found a "good" match:
> EXTERN Tk_PhotoHandle   Tk_FindPhoto _ANSI_ARGS_((Tcl_Interp *interp,
>                             char *imageName));

It sounds to me like you have several versions of the tk headerfiles lying
around. Perhaps your SuSe install did this on purpose, leaving an old
version of tcl/tk with the default names and adding tcl/tk 8.0 with
non-standard names... In any case, if you change tk.h into tk8.0.h, you will
most likely have to change tcl.h into tcl8.0.h as well, and possibly the
location of the libraries to include.

And dont forget to alter those #include statements in all files (_tkinter.c
and tkappinit.c, and also tkImaging.c if you want to use PIL.)

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas at xs4all.net>