PyGreSQL and windows

Oleg Broytmann phd at phd.russ.ru
Fri Feb 18 10:41:42 EST 2000

On Fri, 18 Feb 2000, Agent Drek wrote:
> I am also working in a mixed environment that is bound to drive me
> over the edge in the near future :) Is there NO way for me to
> communicate to my new Postgresql server from a windows boxen?

   Install Postgres on Real OS, and use it via ODBC from Windows.

> What database system is recommended for cross platform communication?

   What platforms do you want? What types of database? In case of SQL I'd
recommend Gadfly - pure python SQL engine. Will work on every python
platform, including, I think, DOS! :)

   If you want simpler database - there are a number - from Berkeley DB to
MetaKit to whatever...

Oleg.
----
    Oleg Broytmann      Foundation for Effective Policies      phd at phd.russ.ru