Which GUI?

Vadim Zeitlin zeitlin at seth.lpthe.jussieu.fr
Fri Feb 18 14:53:05 EST 2000

On Fri, 18 Feb 2000 07:25:05 +0200 (IST), Moshe Zadka <moshez at math.huji.ac.il> wrote:
>hour. I couldn't get wxWindows (the basis for wxPython) to compile on that
>C++ compiler for 2 weeks.

 Hello,

 you may be surprized to hear this, but wxWindows is developped by a team of
volunteers which means that we don't get paid for it and, more importantly,
that we don't have access to every platform from Win3.1 to super computers on
daily basis.

 So unless our users report us the compilation problems on the platforms we
don't use ourselves (Win32/Linux/Solaris for the main developpers), we don't
have many chances to fix them.

 If you have troubles compiling wxWin, one of wxWindows mailing lists is the
right place to report problems to - did you do it? And, BTW, AIX *is*
supported by wxWindows - have a look at

	http://sites.inka.de/sites/grumbeer/wxWindows/

 Regards,
VZ