PyApache, couldn't geta hold of author, willing to donate sometime

Mark Nielsen python at columbus.rr.com
Fri Feb 11 09:39:19 EST 2000

>    I haven't heared anything from PyApache mailing list for a looong time,
> but in any case it is very low-volume list.
>
>    I do not understand your ideas of PyApache "modules". PyApache is much
> simpler than mod_perl (: I hate it :) PyApache is just a thin wrapper to
> use python for CGI. PyApache was able to intercept request handling like
> mod_perl, but there was not much interest, and this parts of code was
> removed.

Hello!
A friend and I were thinking about writing add-ons for SSI, like mod_perl has.
OutPut Filter, and maybe SimpleParse.

I have been dabbling in Python for a while, but I want to force myself to move
away from Perl competely and to move to Python. I want to implement
OutPutFilter, SSI, persistent database connections, etc with PyApache (or some
other
module) to help make it so I don't have to use PHP or Perl for certain things. I
want
to advance Python or Apache.

The thing is, I don't know the status of Python and Apache!

Is there a better module instead of PyApache?

If not, I (and at least one other person) would be more than happy to work with
other
people to make Python THE programming language to use with Apache. Right now,
I configured Perl to use mod_perl, persistent database connections, OutPut
Filter,
and Perl's SSI. I would like to see the same thing happen with Python so that I
can
use it on future websites.

Any help to point me int he right direction would be helpful!
Thanks!

Mark