module for sed, the stream editor

sue smalleys at gte.net
Sat Feb 19 01:21:05 EST 2000

I used python and sed to generate a giant archive.

I used sed for speed because I had 40 MB of files to munch.
I used a python script to build the sed command file and
bundle the rest of the archive; it ran in 1/4 the time of a
csh script (ram command buffer vs csh pipes).  Python let me
create the sed setup in an OO fashion.  I turned a one week
manual process with a 25-page doc into a two-page script
that hasn't needed a change in 6 months.  Currently
supporting 25 projects.

Sue Smalley <smalleys at gte.net>