Python datastructure -> Corba IDL

Samuel A. Falvo II kc5tja at garnet.armored.net
Sat Feb 19 13:59:21 EST 2000

In article <slrn8at0ld.a02.sascha at bespin.three.signals.de>, Sascha Matzke wrote:
>how can I represent the following datastructure in Corba IDL...
>
>([{},{},...],0)
>
>a tuple of a list of dictonaries and an integer...

	// NOTE: CORBA hasn't a clue as to what a "dictionary" or other
	// associative arrays are, so your software will need to build these
	// data structures manually.  Ie., it'll require some amount of
	// "custom marshaling" on your part.

	struct DictEntry
	{
	   string key;
	   any data;	// I'm not sure what you're storing here...
	};

	// From this point on, CORBA can handle everything else.

	typedef sequence<DictEntry> Dictionary;
	typedef sequence<Dictionary> DictionaryList;

	struct MyStruct
	{
	   DictionaryList	list_of_dic;
	   long			integer;