const for bytecode optimization...

Moshe Zadka moshez at math.huji.ac.il
Sat Feb 12 01:16:51 EST 2000

On Sat, 12 Feb 2000, Michal Wallace wrote:

> I'm curious.. Has anyone else tried writing another language
> that compiles to run on the Python virtual machine?

That's not the same situation with Java, however superficially it sounds
similar <0.5 wink>. Python byte codes are very well tailored to Python --
the ADD instruction is responsible for all the magic + has, etc. Try
disassembling some function (module dis) to see how little the Python
compiler actually does today.

it-takes-a-whole-lot-of-work-to-do-nothing-ly y'rs, Z.
--
Moshe Zadka <mzadka at geocities.com>.
INTERNET: Learn what you know.