Thanx and keep it coming. Or I'll flame some more <g>...(Re: Python sucks loud)

Forget it nobooze4u at SPLAT!worldnet.att.net
Sat Feb 12 12:11:55 EST 2000

x-no-archive: yes
Jason Stokes wrote:

> Forget it wrote in message ...
>
> >Speaking about C--I don't care for it to be C, actually C is not the
> >best for me, but I'd like it to be interpreted, have types (user types a
> >big nice-to-have), and objects. And the C-ish syntax, like in Perl, so I
> >don't have to be undergo a major attitude adjustment every time I switch
> >from one to another.
>
> Actually, it is often far easier to adapt to a syntax that is completely
> different, than to one that is similar but subtly different.  To much
> "bleeding" of one domain into the other occurs if languages are too similar.
That's true, but you know what? Somehow I really feel at ease with Perl
(in that respect) and if it were about text, I wouldn't hesitate a
second before using it. But I need something just a tad more procedural
and with better types. Actually if perl allowed me to define structures,
that'd be it.