Python and Samba

Aahz Maruch aahz at netcom.com
Thu Feb 10 20:16:24 EST 2000

In article <38A33CA3.CD301863 at kpnqwest.no>,
Stein M. Eliassen <steinme at kpnqwest.no> wrote:

>I wonder if there is a way to use samba services from python?
>
>What I would like to do is browse shares from Python code.
>Now I have to mount the share in a script before running the my python
>code.

Hmmmm...  I'm doing some WAGing here, but it seems to me that the
fundamental problem is that you really need to have a UNC and/or Win32
environment in order to browse Samba shares.  If you were running Python
on NT, this wouldn't be an issue, I think.  So the fundamental problem
isn't a Samba library per se, but the SMB client for Unix.

Put that way, you might be able to find something a little easier.
--
                      --- Aahz (Copyright 2000 by aahz at netcom.com)

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

Nostalgia just ain't what it used to be