breaking the ; habit

lf11 at nospam.linuxstart.com lf11 at nospam.linuxstart.com
Sun Feb 20 22:49:54 EST 2000

In article <38A5E3F0.B3DCEC8E at callware.com>, Ivan Van Laningham
 <ivanlan at callware.com> wrote:
> Hi All--
>
> osorronophris osorronophris wrote:
>>
>> I'm a die-hard C++ programmer that recently took up Python for a change of
>> scenery and am enjoying it greatly.  The one problem I am having is that I
>> can't break myself of the semicolon habit.  I've tried chewing gum but it
>> just doesn't seem to work, and I'd like to avoid the patch.  Any ideas?

I've been playing with Python just two days...and I already have no problem
with no semicolons.  (Of course, the only other programming language I
have extensively used is Perl, and that for the past 8 months!)  Unfortunately,
I tried writing a little Perl script the evening....ooops, I forgot all the damn
semicolons!

It took me several months to fully acquire the habit.  It took 45 minutes to break.
Now, how do I get it _back_ in a timely manner??

  -lf

(The only reason I wrote the script in Perl is because "Programming Python" will t
ake a few days to arrive from Amazon.com.  Grrr.  Where's my matter transporter?)