Ann: PMZ - Poor Man's Zope

Andrew M. Kuchling akuchlin at mems-exchange.org
Thu Feb 3 18:09:11 EST 2000

"Gordon McMillan" <gmcm at hypernet.com> writes:
> Hmm. Looks to me like PMZ runs anywhere, DTML in Zope,
> ASP under IIS and PSP under a servlet style web server.

It's perfectly possible to use DTML outside of Zope; nght2html, the
templating system I use for my Web pages, uses DocumentTemplate
because I didn't want to write and maintain Yet Another templating
syntax, and DocumentTemplate has practically all the bells and
whistles you need.

(nght2html is available at
http://www.mems-exchange.org/software/python/nght2html/ .)

In her world there are so many windows. Each opening shows her an existence
that's fallen to her -- some only for moments, others for lifetimes.
    -- Despair's realm, in SANDMAN #41: "Brief Lives:1"